- 1/2 pound strawberries, halved or quartered if large
- 1/2 pound blueberries
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 4 12 inch aluminum foil, squares of heavy-duty
- 4 1/2 inch-thick slices pound cake
- Whipped Cream or vanilla ice cream, for serving
Light a grill. In a medium bowl, combine the strawberries and blueberries with the lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar and cornstarch. Spoon 1/4 tablespoon of the butter in the center of each sheet of foil and top with the fruit. Bring 2 sides of the foil up over the fruit and fold to form a seam across the top. Fold the remaining 2 sides to seal the hobo packs completely.
Grill the hobo packs over moderate heat until the fruit is sizzling, about 10 minutes.
Spread the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter on the pound cake and grill on both sides just until toasted, about 1 minute. Transfer to plates. Open the hobo packs and pour the berries and juices over the pound cake. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream.