Scaled Servings: 12 Originally: 4
- 3 pound brussels sprout, (ends trimmed)
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3/4 cup sliced almond
- 1 1/2 red onion, (sliced)
- 6 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 6 stalks green onion, (chopped)
- 6 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup, (Omit for Whole30 or RESTART)
- 3 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
Use a sharp knife to slice the brussels sprouts thinly lengthwise, or you can do this in a food processor with the slicer attachment.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and spread sliced almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet.
Bake for 5-6 minutes until the almonds are lightly browned, shaking the pan every minute.
Remove from the oven and transfer to a separate plate to keep from browning further.
Raise the oven temperature to 400 degrees F.
Combine sliced brussels sprouts, coconut oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl and toss until well combined.
Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through, until the brussels sprouts are tender and the edges are browned slightly.
While the brussels sprouts are roasting, combine the rest of the ingredients, in a large mixing bowl and toss together.
Add the brussels sprouts into the bowl once they are finished roasting. Toss everything together to coat.
Season with more salt and pepper, if needed.
Serve warm or cold.